25 August 2012

CHAZ ORTIZ


Comicboard1ortiz, originally uploaded by Stephen Halker.
Of the series, I think this is my My favorite. I can't say if it's the best looking of the group, but the process of making it was so fluid, I never got sick of it.

Usually, in every illustration project, about half way through, I realize that I have no idea what I'm doing, and feel trapped in a cage I can't get out of. Then I try all sorts of options to fix it. And then usually i end up realizing that there wasn't a problem to begin with, I'd just been staring at the drawing for too long.

With this board, I never had to go through that. It was just a strait shot. Wind in my sails the whole time.

So, why, you ask, is this the Chaz Ortiz board. Shouldn't it be obvious, The dude is a king among beast concurring tricks faster than humanly possible.

Hey Chaz, what do you gotta say?

"Just skate hard, skate your best, and don’t get yourself down. Just go out there and skate how you know how to skate, make sure you have your run planned, and just have fun."

No comments: